Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2011

My next purchase


In a bid to ensure I'm following the right road I've decided to invest in a book to better understand the complexities of creative writing, I figured that so far I've invested two years of my life into the book I'm writing so I may as well get the thing right. I asked myself if it was too late to start reading up on creative writing when I was already 50,000 words into the project but then I figured that after the editor has put his red pen through great swathes of it I don't think it really matters since I'll probably need to rewrite large sections and tighten down dialogue anyway. I was looking for a book about creative writing from an author with a degree of credibility and all fingers point to Mr Jurgen Wolff's book  Your Writing Coach: From Concept to Character, from Pitch to Publication, Jurgen's own credentials seem extremely solid. Jurgen's written scripts for several popular television shows I've seen at one point or another including : Benson, Family Ties, and Relic Hunter. I also like the fact it appears to be a very coach friendly tone to the way in which the book helps you understand writing formula. Review wise it look like it stacks up pretty well against other similar books with a lot of good reviews, particularly on Amazon.

What does the book contain


  • A discussion of the most current Web-based technologies available to you to promote your work online.

  • Guides you towards the endless flow of inspiration and ideas available to you and the technique of creating strong charaters,subplot and exposition.

  • Develops ways to enhance your writing based on your knowledge, hobbies and interests to get the most from your story or subject matter.

By far the most important factor for me was the quote I saw on a review site about the book from the author himself...
"Once you've read the book, if you still have questions you are welcome to e-mail me ... and I'll do my best to answer them because I'm serious about being your writing coach."

The book is available from Amazon.co.uk in print and kindle format http://tinyurl.com/6fk2rc6

No comments:

Post a Comment